- This event has passed.
Cycling in a Medieval Town with Simon Munk
9 March 2021 @ 7:30 am - 8:30 pm
About this Event
About Simon Munk - Previously a consumer technology journalist and copywriter, Simon joined LCC after campaigning for cycling with our borough group in Walthamstow, and helping develop political will in the council, which ultimately helped the borough win, then deliver, the internationally-lauded Waltham Forest mini-Holland schemes. He has since developed LCC’s technical expertise and understanding of highways schemes including low traffic neighbourhoods, junction design and cycle tracks.
In this talk about cycling in Warwick, Simon will discuss:
- Political will – what it looks and feels like, how to get it
- New DfT guidance and funding streams – Gear Change, LTN 1/20, the government finally getting risks of climate, dirty air, inactivity etc. and need to act
- Temporary schemes – what can be achieved and how fast, where there’s a will, there’s a way
- What good cycling looks like and what it doesn’t look like – the need for campaigns to be bold, but also constructive
- How to achieve stuff in narrow streets and congested medieval centres
The event will broadcast as a Zoom call, with limited places available so please book tickets through our Eventbrite here. The event is free to attend and open to everyone