- Cycle Infrastructure Inspectorate – similar in principle to Ofsted
- Local people will be given the chance to choose whether residential side streets should be closed to through traffic, to make them safer for pedestrians and cyclists.
- Active Travel England will refuse to fund paint only cycle lanes without physical separation barriers from traffic.
- Also will not fund routes where cyclists and pedestrians have to share the same space
- Could cut budgets in other areas of highway dept’s which fail to deliver on active transport
- Cycle training for every adult or child if required
- Urban main roads could be made for access only, with through routes for buses, cyclists and pedestrians.