Cycleways – The Voice for Cycling and Cyclists in Kenilworth, Leamington Spa and Warwick.
Cycleways is a volunteer group campaigning for better cycle provision in the area.
We want cycling as a means of transport for everyone; old and young, the serious club rider through to the weekend leisure rider; Cycleways is open to all irrespective of age, race, gender or sexuality and aims to speak for all!
Cycleways represents cyclists to the Council at County, District and Town level, ensuring that your voice is heard. We work to develop the cycle network and monitor danger-zones around the area and suggest safer junctions.
Cycleways wants a cycle friendly Kenilworth, Leamington Spa and Warwick which will benefit businesses, the environment and public health. Warwick District should be a fantastic place to cycle, it is one of the flattest parts of England. Unfortunately, provision for cyclists is severely lacking.
- to make cycling safer in Kenilworth, Leamington Spa and Warwick
- to encourage people of all ages to cycle
- to advise companies on how to make provision for their employees and customers who cycle
- to help transport bodies consider cyclists when planning routes / road layouts
- to educate motorists to become more “cycle-aware”
- to form links with other groups
Is This You?
• A local cyclist? Or interested in cycling locally?
• Do you believe that we need to improve local facilities for cyclists?
• Would you like to see more cycle routes?
• Would you like a say in local planning decisions affecting cyclists?
If you answered YES to any of these questions, you should join Cycleways – the cycle campaign group for Kenilworth, Leamington, Warwick and surrounding areas.
- Your membership increases the influence of our voice, so you are helping by just being a member.
- Supporters receive our newsletters with all the latest information on cycling in the area.
- John Atkins Cycles, Mike Vaughan Cycles and Giant Leamington (was The Bike Yard) kindly offer a discount (usually 10% on non-sale items) for members showing a current membership card.
- Cycleways is a member of Cycling UK (formerly CTC), so you can purchase Affiliate Membership to Cycling UK for just £26 per year, giving you third-party insurance.
Membership is just £10 (per household) annually.
Membership: Just £10!
From our Chairman Tony Lewenz During lockdown the reduction in traffic and fine weather has seen an increase in cycling, often in family groups. Hopefully the people who have re-…
Way back in November 2019 remember when things were normal! Warwick District Council invited residents and community groups in Kenilworth to take part in an information gathering exercise for Abbey…
Key Features: Cycle Infrastructure Inspectorate – similar in principle to Ofsted Local people will be given the chance to choose whether residential side streets should be closed to through traffic,…
In May, the British Transport Minister announced an emergency active travel fund to improve local active transport schemes in the context of Covid-19. This is a welcome move, given the…